Sunday, January 25, 2015

Random Rant about Clothing

Hello reader,

As you may have noticed from some of my past posts, I am hypercritical of today's plus size clothing selection, but there are other aspects of clothing that drive me crazy too!

First of all, what is this "one size fits all" business? Sure, you might be able to get the article of clothing on, but that doesn't mean it will look good on or that you could go out in public wearing it! Seriously, there is little more depressing than not being able to fit into something that says it should fit you. Just make different sizes and move on, please!

Secondly, why do so many formal dresses have built in bras? Specifically, why are all the built in bras made for AA cup sizes? The extra padding offers little to no support and for busty girls like me, it just makes them look bigger! I understand some girls can get away without wearing a bra with some of those fancy dresses, but in my opinion a pathetic "built-in bra" is totally unnecessary.

Last but not least: sheer clothing. I don't even understand why this is a thing. Apparently you're supposed to wear a tank top underneath it if you want to be modest (or, you know, not show off EVERYTHING), but I live in Texas and do not need all those extra layers, as thin as they may be. Not to mention the added cost of having to buy said tank top. I try not to buy anything sheer (because of all the aforementioned reasons), but everyday it seems harder and harder to find articles of clothing that are not see through! With most of them, you might as well be wearing a negligee! It shouldn't be so hard to find cute tops that are not transparent!

Am I crazy, or do these things bug anyone else as well? (Also, if you know of a store that sells opaque plus size shirts, please leave a comment!) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment